Lemonade does not offer refunds. Responsibility for creating an experience lies entirely with the experience host, hosts or creators. Lemonade doesn’t hold funds on host, hosts or creators’ behalf, cannot guarantee host, hosts or creators’ work, and does not offer refunds.
If an experience is cancelled by the host, hosts or creators, all contributions are refunded after subtracting the transaction cost.
As a host, hosts or creator
- You can refund contributions by cancelling the experience if you want. You have up to 24 hours from the stamped end-time of an experience to cancel an experience and issue refunds. If you do, you have no further obligation to guests, and no agreement exists between you.
- We’ll charge our fees before putting contributions in your account. Lemonade and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the contributions of an experience.
- Some contributions can’t be collected, which might reduce the amount of funding you get. Because some contributions can’t be collected — for instance, when a guest's credit card expires before experience ends, and they don’t provide updated information — we can’t guarantee that the amount of contributions you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount contributed minus fees.
- We'll help resolve payment-card disputes. If a guest of your experience disputes the charge with their card issuer, we'll handle re-presenting the charge to settle the dispute with the card issuer. You’ll be notified that a dispute has been filed, and you’ll be able to provide evidence to help us resolve it in your favor. If the cardholder’s dispute is found valid, you authorize us to charge the credit card number you provided when you started your project for the amount of the chargeback.
- Don’t assume you’ll be able to immediately collect your contentions; there may be a delay between the end of an experience and your access to the funds. And don’t take any actions in reliance on collecting any of the money contributed until you actually have the ability to withdraw it from your account and spend it.
As a guest or contributor unlocking an experience
- Since the host, hosts or creators will rely on your commitment at the time of creating an experience, all contributions are final and cannot be refunded. This is because all contributions are collected and transferred to the host, hosts or creators 24 hours after the experience has ended.
- Lemonade or any of its affiliates are not responsible or liable. The agreement of unlocking an experience for a contribution is between you and the host, hosts or creators.
- You have up to 24 hours after an experience ends to dispute or flag any issues related to contributions.
- If a host, hosts or creators cancel an experience, your contributions towards the experience will be refunded minus the transaction fee which could be between 2-3% of the amount contributed.
After a refund is initiated, it is completed within 5-7 working days. The transaction fee and GST charged on successful transactions (in India) will not be reversed in case of refunds.
Revisions to this Policy
We may modify this Refund Policy from time to time. When we do, we will provide notice to you by publishing the most current version on our website. If we make any material change to this policy, we will provide additional notice to you, such as by sending you an email or displaying a prominent notice on our Platform. By continuing to use the Platform after any changes come into effect, the revised Refund Policy applies to you.
If you have any questions about this Refund Policy, please contact us at [email protected].